What can you find in a tropical rainforest?
Here are 11 amazing rainforest species we help protect with our innovative approach to conservation:
- Mountain gorilla. Mountain gorillas are the largest living primates on earth!
- Blue Morpho butterfly.
- Brown-throated three-toed sloth.
- Scarlet macaw.
- Poison willow seeds.
What are 5 facts about the tropical rainforest?
- There are several different types of rainforests.
- Rainforests cover less than 3 percent of the planet.
- The world's largest rainforest is the Amazon rainforest.
- Rainforests are home to more species of plants and animals than any other terrestrial ecosystem.
- Much of the life in the rainforest is found in the trees.
What is the tropical rainforest famous for?
The rainforests are home to half of the Earth's plant and animal species. They are the winter home of many birds that breed in temperate latitudes. Tropical rainforests are some of the most beautiful wilderness on our planet.
What are 2 interesting facts about the rainforest?
Here's what everyone should know about rainforests:
- Rainforests are a powerful natural climate solution.
- Tropical forests have become a net carbon sink.
- Tropical rainforests cover less than 3% of the Earth's surface, but they are home to more than half of our planet's land animal species.
What are the characteristics of a tropical rainforest?
1 Primary characteristics. A tropical rainforest climate or equatorial climate is a type of climate typical of tropical forests and regions along the equator. 2 locations around the world. 3 Flora and Fauna. 4 remarkable cities with a tropical rainforest climate. …
Where do plants and animals live in a tropical rainforest?
The canopy layer receives most of the sunlight and is the most productive area of the forest. More rainforest plants and animals live in the canopy layer than anywhere else. Under the canopy is the sub-floor (or sub-floor). Here you will find shrubs, growing trees and vines. Only 2% of the sunlight reaches the subfloor.
How many layers are there in a tropical rainforest?
What is a tropical rainforest: layers. Tropical rainforests typically have four layers. The highest layer is the new layer, which is the top of the tallest trees. About 150 feet above the ground, the new layer is home to birds and insects. The next layer down is the canopy.
Where in the world are tropical moist rainforests found?
The largest expanses of equatorial rainforest are found in lowland Amazonia, the Congo Basin, the Southeast Asian islands of Indonesia and Papua New Guinea. Tropical moist forests are found at a greater distance from the equator, where rainfall and day length vary seasonally.
A brief introduction to tropical rainforests. https://www.inspire.education/#Geography #Rainforests