What is the second largest country in West Africa?
Largest countries in Africa 2021
- What is the second largest country in West Africa?
- What is the smallest country in West Africa?
- What is the most popular African country?
- Which country is the richest in Africa?
- What is the richest country in Africa?
- What is the name of the country in West Africa?
- Which country is the most religious in West Africa?
Is Nigeria the second largest country in West Africa?
Nigeria is the most populous country in West Africa and currently the seventh most populous in the world. About half of Nigerians are urban dwellers. Nigeria's urban character is unique in Africa, counting 11 cities of over 1 million and more than 70 cities with over 100,000 inhabitants.
What is the smallest country in West Africa?
Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan's visit to The Gambia will strengthen cooperation between the two countries. The Gambia is the smallest country in West Africa in terms of area. Turkey was the first country to recognize The Gambia when it gained its independence from Britain in 1965 after being colonized for 400 years.
Is Nigeria the largest country in Africa?
Ethiopia is the largest landlocked country by population. While Nigeria is the 14th largest country, it is the largest country in Africa by population. 461,537 km² if we exclude Somaliland.
What is the most popular African country?
1. Morocco. The most visited country in Africa is Morocco. This North African nation saw a whopping 12.3 million visitors in 2019, making it the most visited country on the entire continent.
What is the most famous country in Africa?
Which country is the richest in Africa?
The richest African countries by GDP
- Nigeria – $514.05 billion.
- Egypt – $394.28 billion.
- South Africa – $329.53 billion.
- Algeria – $151.46 billion.
- Morocco – $124 billion.
- Kenya – $106.04 billion.
- Ethiopia – $93.97 billion.
- Ghana – $74.26 billion.
Who is the richest country in Africa 2020?
TOP 10 RICHEST AFRICAN COUNTRIES IN 2020 RANKING BY GDP & PRIMARY EXPORTS
- 1 | NIGERIA – THE RICHEST COUNTRY IN AFRICA (GDP: $446.543 billion)
- 2 | SOUTH AFRICA (GDP: $358.839 billion)
- 3 | EGYPT (GDP: $302.256 billion)
- 4| ALGERIA (GDP: $172.781 billion)
- 5 | MOROCCO (GDP: $119.04 billion)
- 6 | KENYA (GDP: $99.246 billion)
What is the richest country in Africa?
Nigeria is the richest and most populous country in Africa. The country's large population of 211 million is a likely contributor to the country's large GDP. Nigeria is a middle-income, mixed economy and emerging market with growing financial, service, communications and technology sectors.
Which country is the largest country in Africa by land area?
The largest countries in Africa By land area 1 Algeria – 2,381,741 square kilometers 2 Democratic Republic of Congo – 2,344,858 square kilometers 3 Sudan – 1,861,484 square kilometers 4 Libya – 1,759,540 km2 – 0 km2 – 0 km2, 0 km2.
What is the name of the country in West Africa?
Nigeria is officially recognized as the Federal Republic of Nigeria, which is a federal constitutional republic with 36 states and the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja. Among its borders are the Republic of Benin to the west, Niger and Chad to the north, and Cameroon to the east.
What is the population of West Africa?
This landlocked West African state has a population of around 14.5 million. Its borders to the north reach deep into the middle of the Sahara. The majority of the population lives in the southern part of the nation, which features the rivers Niger and Senegal.
Which country is the most religious in West Africa?
Despite the proximity of different countries in West Africa, there is considerable cultural and religious diversity with Christianity and Islam being the two predominant religions in this area. All the member countries of West Africa have different cultures within their borders. 1. Benin
10EthiopiaCapital – Addis AbabaSize: 1,104,300 square kilometresKnown for: oldest independent country in Africa9South AfricaCapital – Cape Town, Pretoria, Bl…